Ok, I think I am on to something. I am sure there are people out there that already do this, but this week I have discovered cooking in bulk. I make a lot of one meal, and then freeze the leftovers. Since I am only feeding 2.5 people each night, usually I can double the recipe, and get 4 meals out of cooking for just 1! I am loving the 2.5 quart size casserole pans made my hefty E-z Ware. They are plastic, so if I need to microwave anything when I re heat, I can. Also, the size is about a half of a normal casserole pan, so its the perfect size for our family. Yesterday I made Salsa Chicken, Chicken Lasagna, and Stuffed Swiss Chicken. Today I made Beef Enchiladas, Spaghetti Pie, and Meatloaf. I have about 20 dinners in my freezer now, and I made enough for dinner tonight and tomorrow! I love that it takes me the same amount of time to cook in bulk as it would if I was to make one meal. Also....I am looking forward to clean up- throwing a pan away...that's it!
This leads me to my thankful thought of the day :) I am thankful that we have plenty of food to eat. That we are able to feed our son every night. I can not imagine the pain that Mothers have to go through around the world when they have to put their babies to bed hungry each night. If I could have one wish, it would be that no child would be hungry or in pain.
This morning it was beautiful and sunny out, so Wesley and I went to the park. I was hoping to get some of his energy out....but I think he wore me out instead! i ma also fighting a cold/ sinus infection...blah...there is not much out there that I can take. I did take some Tylenol Sinus stuff....and so far....its done nothing. So I might be taking a trip to the Dr's soon. It seems like I can't get rid of this congestion! On another note....Wesley gets his T-ball Team schedule tonight....and his little baseball pants :) I am so EXCITED! I can't wait to see his little buns in those pants ;)
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment