Whew, when I said this week was going to be busy, I wasn't kidding! It seems like I am on the go, non stop these days, and looking at my calendar, its not going to stop until about May 20th...haha...everything then will come to a screeching hault....like it or not! I am sure some of you that I talk on the phone often to are wondering where I am....I don't even have time for the phone lately!
Ok, so to update you on things around here.....Wednesday, Wesley had school, and I took my van in for a 50k inspection. I hate doing that. First of all, I have never driven a car with more than 30k miles on it....we used to have this thing where we'd flip cars constantly. This was obviously before kids! One weekend, I said to Nathan " I want a Ford Explorer" and off we went traded in my perfectly fine Honda Civic in for a Ford Explorer. I have to laugh about how silly were back in the day :) Any way....I hate being at the mercy of mechanics, and saying " look it over for problems." Luckily, we have a mechanic here that we really trust, and everything checked out fine, and he suggested we service the transmission. So we did. We are doing our best to keep both of our cars in tip top shape since they are both paid off. I don't want a car payment or a new car until my kids are older and they stop trashing it! Thankfully my Mom was able to drive me around during my "Wesley free" errand time! Some things are just easier doing with out a 3 year old in tow. I had to get a survey of our land at the courthouse, and do a few other things. So thankful for my Momma to be there to help!
Wednesday night, I had dinner with my Bible Study girls. I love this group of women. All of us are new Moms (our kids are 4 and under), the same age and we have so much to talk about. There is 7 of us in the group, and its a great mix. Our husbands meet in a Bible study also, so we meet and take turns going out either just as girls, as couples, or just the guys. I really like the study that we are doing, and that it is so laid back. We have a lot of really good discussions that come from it. I am so thankful for this group of ladies, and I love them to pieces :)
Thursday, my friend Abby had a minor procedure done at the hospital, so I watched her kiddos, Graham and Carley. Graham is 6 months, and is a doll. Seriously, I love this kid. I think I relate to him so much because he reminds me of Wesley so much....or that I was with Abby during her whole pregnancy and Graham's life....but really....I love this baby boy :) Wesley and Carley are in love these days. The got along great and played well all morning. The kids were very well behaved....but BUSY! It seemed like after one got settled, someone else needed something. At one point, all three kids pooped within 5 minutes. Luckily, 2 of the 3 are potty trained, but I thought it was just funny! Carley went, I wiped her, then Wes announced he had to, so I wiped him, then I smelled Graham...again...the kids were great...but I am feeling good about my only 2 kids decision :) ha ha
We are getting a ton of rain. Wes' T-ball has been canceled, so Thursday, we had the night off. We ordered pizza. I was so tired! But....There is big news for Nathan. He landed a HUGE annuity sale Thursday afternoon. He will be making a nice commission, and made his branch a lot of money. I am so proud of him!
Today, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. We leave for Florida Monday morning, and I had a lot of stuff to tie up. I had invitations for the Church's ladies retreat to finish up, and since my shower is tomorrow, I wanted to get my hair and nails done. Also, we are getting a TON of rain, so errands in the rain is not fun....and we have a lot of construction going on in the backyard....so busy, busy, busy!
I'll update about my shower and backyard progress this weekend. Hopefully Allie's room will be done too. Monday morning we leave EARLY for Florida (I haven't packed a thing).....I'm excited to put my feet up for a few days!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment