Thursday, March 19, 2009

Month after Surgery

Some of you have been asking about Nathan. It is now a month after surgery- and he is doing great! His snoring these past few weeks has gotten A LOT better! (Or maybe its all the Unisom I have been taking ..ha ha :) He also feels like his sleep is more restful, and he is breathing better through his nose. he has an appointment with a Pulmonary Doctor in a few weeks to re look at the C-PAP machine. At this point, he doesn't feel like he is going to need it. I have to agree with him. Lately I have been staying up later since I can't sleep, and usually go to bed an hour or two after he is asleep. I walk in the bedroom, and think he is awake since he is not snoring! I am so used to hearing him snore while sleeping! He can even sleep on his back now with out snoring!
I am not sure if this "cured" this sleep apnea, but it did make it better. Only another sleep study will tell!
In other words, I think my body is training me to get ready for sleepless newborn nights.....I can't sleep. I am tired.....no exhausted....but still can't sleep. Or if I go to sleep at 10, I am wide awake at 2 am. Between trying get comfortable, and keeping my mind quiet (I always think of things that I need to do or want to do.....), I can't sleep! My Dr suggested Unisom. I think I am starting to get some relief with that. I took one at about 8:30 last night, and was asleep pretty early. I woke up at 5 am, and couldn't go back to sleep, but I did get some good sleep all night. Allie seems to move a lot at night too. Its either that, or because I am so still I feel her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment