Thursday, March 12, 2009

Once a month Mom

I knew I wasn't the only person out there that would rather power cook in one day, and have meals for a month! I just found this site....and its awesome! http://onceamonthmom.com/

She has recipes, menus, tips and ideas on how to cook once a month, and have a freezer full of meals! She has Grocery lists, and even a section on making baby food! I loved making Wesley's baby food. It felt so good giving him food that I made, with fresh ingredients, and I can't wait to make it for Allie! This time I have a Magic Bullet, which I love- and I use it all the time! (I made a smoothie tonight with it!)

I am totally jumping on this band wagon! This week has been great, running to my freezer and pulling dinner out, add a fresh veggie or a salad, and dinner is ready! It's also been great because my afternoons and evenings are less hectic! Less to prepare, less to clean up, and more time play outside with my guys!

Nathan has taken charge of breakfast once a month cooking. Really, he is the master of Breakfast. This weekend he has big plans for making a TON of Blueberry Flax Seed whole wheat pancakes, a few quiches, Waffles, and muffins. Wesley is a big pancake eater, and I love giving him our whole wheat healthy version rather than Eggo's. This is such a great way to start the morning! Next month we are even going to prep some stuff for Easter brunch. Nathan and I have had a lot of fun looking at recipes and menu planning the past few weeks! We both love to cook and try new food!

No comments:

Post a Comment