Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Am I too Happy?

I know this is a weird question to ask, but I got this an email from a friend on Saturday...

"Hi Miss Life Is So Perfect! You are always so happy and cheerful. :) I never see you in a bad mood and you are always so genuinely happy for other people! I have never met anyone as happy as you are all the time!"
Honestly, I kinda felt weird after I read that. Nathan said I should take it as a compliment, but I felt weird about it. I am in no way trying come off that my life is perfect, or that I don't have my moments. I guess I just try not to dwell on them. I would rather focus on the positive than the negative in life. I would rather count my blessings than be jealous of others. Once you let go of this and you are genuinely happy with what you have, life is much easier!

Sunday our sermon was about lies that people believe. Satan trying to come between God and you. Things like "I am not good enough." It was funny that the sermon was about this because of that email that I got on Sunday. During the sermon I was thinking to myself....what's wrong with me...nothing really seems to bother me. When I became serious about my Faith (I say this because I have always believed in God, but never had a growing relationship with Him until about 9 years ago), I learned that it was best to let it all go to Him. There is nothing that I can worry about that He won't worry about for me. His plan for my life is already charted, He has never promised me a perfect life or a smooth path, but He did promise me that he would carry me through anything that I need Him to.

My Dad was never happy with what he had. This was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because he was a very hard worker, never took "no"for an answer, and this made him an excellent Salesman, and he ran a very successful company. A curse because he couldn't stop. He couldn't stand back and just be happy. He was big on holding grudges. You crossed the line once with him....there was no turning back. I saw how miserable this made him. This caused stress on relationships that he had, and he had constant eternal conflicts with himself.

So.....yes, I do take delight in the simple things in life, I do realize that I am extremely blessed and fortunate. What is there to be mad about? Why walk around with all that hate in your heart? If Jesus can forgive me for all the horrible things that I have done, then I can forgive others for their mistakes. What is there not to be happy about? I have a husband whom I adore, and I know would NEVER do anything to hurt me or our relationship. I have a beautiful son, who is thriving....perfect? No, I don't expect him to be....because I am not. I have a family who loves me, and supports me, I have wonderful friends, my needs are being met. I choose to worry about nothing, to trust in God with my whole heart, and let Him worry about these things. If that makes me too happy....so be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment