Well, the weather took a small turn...chilly (high 5o's) and rainy this weekend. This all started on Friday. On Fridays we usually go on a play date with our neighborhood group. This Friday we headed to the Children's play museum in Gainesville- called INK. The kids had a great time, and played really well together. It's a small non for profit company that does a great job promoting play and interaction. The place is set up like a big city, and the kids can go from one business to another and pretend they are running the business. I forgot my camera that day....so no pictures.
Saturday we woke up to even more rain. The boys got up at about 7:30, and started cooking.
Nathan and Wes made a ton of blueberry pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and waffles. I slept in a bit, and had so much fun watching to Wes and Nathan cook together. Its so sweet to hear all of Wesley's questions, and Nathan's explanations. I love to hear how excited Wes gets because he gets to crack the eggs. After breakfast, Wes and Nathan went to get hair cuts. Wes was over due...big time! His hair grows so fast! I got ready, and they picked me up, and we went bowling. This was Wesley first time bowling, and he loved it. He did great too, the bumpers were broken, but he used a ramp to push the ball down, and managed to hit a lot of pins. After that, we had lunch and came home to relax. T-ball was canceled due to the rain.Nathan and I had a chance to go out for our 7 yr anniversary. I can not believe that we have been married that long! Its seem so long, and so short at the same time. We had plans to go on a small getaway, then we found out about Nathan's surgery, and my possible bed rest, so we canceled. Then a few weeks ago, Nathan mentioned that we should go even if its just for
the weekend. So I started searching, and really couldn't find anywhere that I really wanted to go that we could go and be back in two days. So...we decided to use our anniversary budget for a nice night out, and a few "treats" that we wanted. We both wanted a treadmill, so we got that, and we are getting a laptop. I am still having a hard time picking exactly what I want, so I didn't get it this weekend. We went to dinner at the "Melting Pot" a fabulous fondue restaurant. It was soooo good! It's such a big meal, and we were stuffed afterwards. We did the Fondue for two, and really it could be fondue for 4! It was such a nice night out. Nathan and I were talking a lot about how much our life is going to change in a few months. We were both wondering how Wesley is going react to Allie. At this point, our whole world revolves around him. I'll admit- he is somewhat spoiled. Not to the point that I let him get away with murder, but I pick and chose my battles. He's only little once, and as he shows me daily, he's growing up and needing me less. Another thing Nathan and I were talking about....is we wonder what our lives will be like 7 years from now. Only God knows, but if there is anyone I would like to be standing by in life.....it would be Nathan. God has truly blessed me with the love of my life and a fabulous husband & father. As Ellen would say...." He's a good egg :)"Today is our actual anniversary. I woke up to breakfast cooking (Nathan is the best at breakfast...I'm telling you!), a card with Cadbury Eggs (my favorite candy in the world!) and permission to buy any Vera Bradley I want (my other favorite thing!). We went to church, all had naps since it was so rainy, and now we are headed out to dinner with my Mom and Grandparents. What a great weekend. God is so good :)

No comments:
Post a Comment