Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yay for fun girls time!

I am so thankful for meeting GOOD girlfriends here in Georgia! Last night we had a great girls night out at a new hibachi restaurant (you know, those Chinese restaurants that cook on your table) near our house. It was something different, and lots of fun! This group of gals that I went out with is from our neighborhood. We are all stay at home Moms, and we all have the same house! Our kids are all around the same age, so there is lots of story swapping, clothes swapping for the kids, and trading advice on certain issues! Its been fun getting to know each other, and hearing stories about our past! Here's a picture from last night...

(Left to right...Emily (she's my Mom's neighbor, and has 2.5 year old Twins), Amanda (she lives on the first street, has two kids, that are 3 and 1- and has amazing garage sales!), me (and my tiny bump..haha), and of course Abby (she lives behind me so that she can spy on me :)

We were also celebrating Abby's 30th birthday! YAY! I thank God everyday for you Abby! You are truly an awesome person, and a great friend! I could not ask for a better CF BFF (haha, remember that!) I remember first meeting you, and being so excited that we had so much in common! I said to Nathan "Oh my Gosh....this girl is living the same life as me!" Here's Abby with her fancy Pineapple Birthday dish!

I am also thankful for meeting so many amazing friends at church! My bible study is wonderful! Its made up of 6 women who all are pregnant or were just pregnant, we are all the same age, and our husbands meet for a Bible study on the same night. It is so nice to have people to talk to that are going through "life" at the same pace as you are! Also, I have to give a shout out to my good friends that I met through Cafe Mom. We don't get to see each other as much as I would like, but its nice still having an Internet relationship with you:) You always have such nice words, and encouraging things to say when I need it! Though we had a "rough spot" with a certain someone...we all moved on, and kept this group up! To my Florida girls, I miss you so much! I am so glad technology, and free long distance helps us keep in touch! I am also blessed to have a great relationship with a lot of my cousins. Friends and family relationships are so important to me. They are always by your side when you are laughing or crying, they see you at your worst and your best. I am feeling really blessed this morning to have such amazing women in my life. All of us so different, but the same in so many ways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment