Sunday, November 16, 2008

3 days in 1 post

Its been a nice weekend! We didn't do too much, which was awesome! We had such a hectic week, that all I wanted to do was hang out around the house all weekend!!

Friday we had a great play date with the neighborhood playgroup at a new Children's play Museum in Buford. The place was beautiful, clean, and had lots of fun hands on things to do! It was a bit stressful at times trying to keep up with 5 three year olds, a 1 year old, and a newborn, but we all managed! I always like to sit back and watch Wesley at these places. I don't get to see him interact/play with other kids often, so its always interesting to see how he reacts in situations. Wesley was playing at the train table (big surprise) when a boy about 5 years old approached the table. I was sitting about 10 feet away just watching Wesley. The older boy took the trains out of Wesley's hands and started to play with them. The mother in me wanted to run up, and say "What the heck are you doing?!" But the teacher in me said "No, sit back and see how Wesley handles it." I can't fight all of his battles for him, and he needs to learn how to handle himself in these situations. So, Wesley walks up to the boy, takes his trains back, and walks away, the other boy runs up, and KICKS Wesley! Wesley doesn't cry, he just stares at this other child. Obviously that's when I step in, and say to the other child, " If you are going to play here, you need to share, there are other trains on this table that you can play with." This little boy gives me a dirty look, and by then, Wesley has moved on to other area. So I follow Wes to that area. About 10 minutes later, Wes goes back to the train table, just as the other boy is walking away. The "bully" sees Wesley going back to the table, hurries up and runs back, and grabs up all the trains. For crying out loud!! What makes kids this mean, this young?! I had no idea where his Mother was, or what she was doing. I obviously need to work with Wesley on how he copes with other kids doing things to him. My son is no angel...believe me....there are times when he has hit and pushed other children. I do not agree with him hitting anyone for any reason, but I do not want him to be a doormat either! Sorry about the rant....but I was so annoyed! Overall though, it was a fun play date!

Saturday we had plans to have our family Christmas photos taken. They were outdoor, and it was wet and dreary, and REALLY cold! So I canceled them. I am so glad, I was so happy to stay home Saturday, lay on the couch, drink some coffee, and play with Wesley! Wesley went with Nathan later that day to get his Flu shot. Wesley told his Daddy "Don't worry, it don't hurt." Wesley even held Nathan's hand during the shot...haha....While they were gone, I cleaned out my closet. I went through my Maternity clothes, and got rid of a bunch of old clothes (8 trash bags!). I am sending them all to goodwill! Saturday night, Nathan and I had a great date night! We had dinner at Macaroni Grill, then went shopping for Maternity clothes and new Christmas Yankee Candles. Afterwards, we went to Target to get Wesley's Big Santa gift! I am almost done Christmas shopping, yay! I really wanted to get done before Thanksgiving, so that I can concentrate on my holiday baking in December. Nathan and I are getting a TV for our bedroom as our Christmas present. I have some small things that I am getting my family and I have a few more friends to shop for, and I am hoping to make some handmade goodies for a few other people. Nathan and I have decided that Santa will only bring Wes one big gift a year. This is the first year Wesley "gets it." Which is fun and exciting, but also we don't want to over do it. We told Wesley that since Santa is so busy, he can only bring one toy to each child. So he has decided that he would like "Geo Tracks" for Christmas. We got a free Geo Tracks DVD from Fisher Price a few months ago, and I have to hand to them....they were smart, they have totally marketed their stuff to my child. My son is totally crazy about Geo Tracks. He knows all the names and people, and what they do. He can spot it anywhere, in the store, in a Toys R US ad....he's crazy about Geo Tracks. So Nathan and I got that last night along with our special Gold paper that Santa wraps his presents in :) I am ordering a few toys from Discovery Toys, and I got Wes a few Games, and two DVDs.....and then we are done!! Wesley is sort of scared of Santa, but wants to go see him, he is sure Santa knows he wants "Geo Tracks," and so that the Elves will make it. So we are going to go do that next weekend.
Saturday and Sunday Nathan made us a big breakfast! Yum...Nathan loves to cook, so weekend breakfasts are his speciality! This morning we went to church, and actually met this amazing couple that we have so much in common with! They are from Orlando, and moved here because they cashed in on their home in Orlando, and were able to buy a bigger home for less money in Georgia. The man, actually wrote a book about it, Its called " How to Survive on a Teacher's Salary." Pretty cool! After church, we played cards with my Mom and Grandma, and relaxed all afternoon....ah the perfect weekend!
Ok....long blog....I'm off to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment