So yesterday....I got my upright deep freezer for my garage! I am so excited! Just in time for Christmas baking, and then after Christmas, I can start getting baking and meals ready for when the baby is here! I found the freezer on Craig's list! We got a great deal on it, and its in great condition. I am seriously on cloud nine over this freezer! I have been wanting one for awhile, and I have been going back and forth about it. We have so much stuff we are wanting to buy/do. Furniture, baby stuff, a TV for our room, vacations etc then prepping for first of the year expenses...taxes, homeowners association, tags for the cars....and without credit cards.....we have to just plan and save....which is not not fun. Also, Nathan being in the banking world, so far his job is secure, but there is always a possibility, so he won't let me touch our 6 month savings for anything. There are day that I beg...."Please...I'll pay it back..." Nathan says well if you can pay it back to the savings, then just wait and buy it when we have the cash. Ugh. Being a responsible adult is hard and annoying sometimes. I am thankful I have a level headed husband that is good with money, because if it was up to me, I'd do what I want :) Which, I have to say, Nathan pretty much lets me, within reason :)
After setting up the freezer, Nathan and I cleaned, and cleaned! It felt good to have everything done, vacuumed, folded, and scrubbed! It was a cold and wet weekend anyway, so there was not much to do! We usually go out on Saturdays, but I just wanted to stay home, so we ordered pizza and had my Mom and Grandma over for cards. Sunday we had Thanksgiving dinner
, and played more cards.
Ok, for those who have been harassing for belly pictures, here is one. No laughing! I am 15 weeks...and showing, a little. I just feel fat. Still wearing my regular jeans comfortably, but I did invest in some bigger shirts at Old Navy. I am trying to only buy bigger rather than maternity. So far, I have lost 9 pounds...no weight gain as of yet...I will never forget being about 22 weeks with Wesley, and someone saying to me "Oh my gosh, you are going to have a big baby," and was staring at my belly. Yup....this baby will probably be big. My family has big babies, and so does Nathan's. I am of course not dieting, but I am very conscientious about my weight gain this time.
, and played more cards. We started Wesley's Advent Calendar tonight. He is very curious about faith right now. He loves to pray, talk about God and Jesus. His Auntie Ellen sent him this really cool calendar this year. Each day it adds more and more to the Nativity scene. On Christmas Eve, you add the baby Jesus. Wesley is very excited about this, and has a hard time waiting to put on the next piece!


No comments:
Post a Comment