I go and create a new blog, and I don't update it for a few days....ha- ha....sorry! Things are busy, as we prepare for the arrival of Ms Allie!
I'll take you through our week so far!
Wesley had school on Monday, and before school he asked me to take his picture....so here it is....what a ham! I ran to Target to get some cute Nursing PJ's, and pick up the end of the year teacher gifts. After that I got some groceries, and came home to a message saying that they changed my c-section to May 18th.....what?! So I hurried up and called back to ask what was going on. Nathan and my Mom already have their vacation scheduled according to the 20th date. Also, on Friday we had a bunch of confusion about Nathan's time off, and if sick pay was eligible or not, and all this other stuff. We finally had it straightened out.....and they change it. ugh. So I guess they had too many people scheduled on May 20th, so they bumped me up to May 18th. After talking to my Mom, and Nathan, everything is fine, and actually better- Nathan gets two more days off that originally planned! So he has TWO full weeks off! YAY! I am also so very excited that Allison, and my cousin Laura will share the same birthday. How special :) Her Auntie Lowe will already be a special part of her life, and now it's even more special. Nathan was really happy about that too since Laura has been such a "rock" for me these past 10 years. She's my "go to girl" and is always there for me :)
I'll take you through our week so far!
Wesley had school on Monday, and before school he asked me to take his picture....so here it is....what a ham! I ran to Target to get some cute Nursing PJ's, and pick up the end of the year teacher gifts. After that I got some groceries, and came home to a message saying that they changed my c-section to May 18th.....what?! So I hurried up and called back to ask what was going on. Nathan and my Mom already have their vacation scheduled according to the 20th date. Also, on Friday we had a bunch of confusion about Nathan's time off, and if sick pay was eligible or not, and all this other stuff. We finally had it straightened out.....and they change it. ugh. So I guess they had too many people scheduled on May 20th, so they bumped me up to May 18th. After talking to my Mom, and Nathan, everything is fine, and actually better- Nathan gets two more days off that originally planned! So he has TWO full weeks off! YAY! I am also so very excited that Allison, and my cousin Laura will share the same birthday. How special :) Her Auntie Lowe will already be a special part of her life, and now it's even more special. Nathan was really happy about that too since Laura has been such a "rock" for me these past 10 years. She's my "go to girl" and is always there for me :)Tuesday- I'm 37 weeks!!!! Finally- FULL TERM! We had a playdate scheduled......
but Abby has been fighting a nasty bug, so she decided to go back to the Dr instead. Wes and I went out to lunch, and cleaned up the house. Afterwards we took a nap together, and then I went to the Dr's. Usually I leave Wes with my Mom or Grandma, but Wes really wanted to go this time, and I didn't really mind, so he did. All is well, heart beat is fine, and I am feeling very huge! Here's a picture......yikes! I should also mention that on May 5th (Tuesday) Nathan and I have been "dating" for 10 years. Though we met at UCF, and had a few run ins here and there, our first real date was at Applebee's on May 5, 1999. I will never forget that night when Nathan asked us to be "official." He said to me "I hope you are serious about us, because I know that in a few years you are the one I am going to marry." 10 years later, I am still in love with my husband as much I was back then, and I can not imagine my life with anyone else. Wesley had t-ball that night, so I got Applebee's To- Go to celebrate our big anniversary :) The boys were off to T-ball, and I took a nap....that's all I want to do these day is sleep....and sleep some more!
but Abby has been fighting a nasty bug, so she decided to go back to the Dr instead. Wes and I went out to lunch, and cleaned up the house. Afterwards we took a nap together, and then I went to the Dr's. Usually I leave Wes with my Mom or Grandma, but Wes really wanted to go this time, and I didn't really mind, so he did. All is well, heart beat is fine, and I am feeling very huge! Here's a picture......yikes! I should also mention that on May 5th (Tuesday) Nathan and I have been "dating" for 10 years. Though we met at UCF, and had a few run ins here and there, our first real date was at Applebee's on May 5, 1999. I will never forget that night when Nathan asked us to be "official." He said to me "I hope you are serious about us, because I know that in a few years you are the one I am going to marry." 10 years later, I am still in love with my husband as much I was back then, and I can not imagine my life with anyone else. Wesley had t-ball that night, so I got Applebee's To- Go to celebrate our big anniversary :) The boys were off to T-ball, and I took a nap....that's all I want to do these day is sleep....and sleep some more!
Wednesday morning I had a date with my little guy at school. Muffin's for Mom. Though Wesley was off with his friend more than having breakfast with me, I sat there looking around thinking how blessed I am. I am so lucky to have this time with him, and focus on him as a stay at home mom and before the birth of his sister. These past 3.5 years, he's been my little partner in crime, and there is a part of me that is going to miss it just being the "two of us." Wes is very much a Momma's boy. I can't wait to see him in the role as a big brother, but there is a big part of me that is having a hard time letting go. He's my baby, and will always be my baby. I love having a little boy, he is so much fun. Wesley gave me his Mother's day gift.....a very sweet card with his hand prints inside and a plant in a pot that he painted. It's adorable. The poem is about him growing up, and it broke my heart even more when I read it. He is growing up....way too fast!
After our date, I got my hair trimmed.....and got a new Vera Bradley bag! I decided on the cupcakes Pink.....and I love it :) We had the girls Bible study at our house, and I love that time! Our small group is just awesome, and some great relationships have been formed! The guys are going to a baseball game Friday night together, so they didn't meet this week since they are hanging out on Friday. I just ordered over 100 pictures from Kodak to catch up on my scrap booking, so I am hoping to get that done Friday night with my Mom while Nathan is out with the guys. I have most of Allie's book caught up, and Wesley's book. I am trying SO hard to stay on top of this!
Besides that, it's been raining like crazy here. It stinks because we can't break in the new pool, but it is also good because all of our spring planting is getting watered well! This weekend Nathan is going to work on lawns, and we are going to go Strawberry picking. Sunday we are having a family day after church, and obviously celebrating my Mom! My Mom and I have a spa date this week, and I am excited to get my toes and nails done before Allie comes! I signed Wesley up for 4 weeks of swim lessons this summer. He is SO close to swimming that I think with these lessons he'll be able to pick it up pretty fast! I am not looking for a champion swimmer, but I would like him to know how to swim for safety!

you look great. i can't wait to see pics of miss allie. hopefully i can meet her soon too.
ReplyDeleteYes! I want you guys to come over and swim with us this summer!!
ReplyDelete