Saturday, May 23, 2009

Busy soaking up my babies


The past few days I have been emotional (add the hormones...and its tears fest 2009). Emotional because I love my kids SO much. I can't help by crying when I write about this, because I can't seem to get enough of them lately. I wish I had a pause button, and I can keep my kids little like this forever. My heart is so full of love for them, for our family, for Nathan -who takes care of us, and watches out for us. I hold Allie, soaking up that sweet baby smell, the grunts and squeals, the innocence of her sweet little soul. I laugh at Wesley, his questions, his curiosity, the just right amount of freckles sprinkled on his nose and his sweet little heart.

Though I am excited to watch them grow, achieve their dreams, and start a family of their own one day.... I am selfish. I want them to myself, I want them to be my babies always, I want them to always feel the safety in my arms. I want them to always turn to me.

Maybe it's because Allie is my last child. I felt sadness leaving the hospital. Sad because we'll never be in this place again, bringing home a brand new baby. Our life journey will be taking us other places. Elementary school, buses rides, field trips, family vacations, Santa Claus..summer camp, girlfriends/ boyfriends, dances, high school, sports....all these things to look forward to...but I know it's only a matter of time, and it will be over. For now....I will just live in the moment. Love each day, second by second.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post. Are those some of the "professional" pics of Allie???? How did they go? Those are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your such a wonderful mommy who loves her kids so much. I hope your life is blessed with your children and Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Libby, I am in tears as well. You are so blessed to have two wonderful children.

    ReplyDelete