Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy and sleepy!

The past few days have been busy around here. Just little things going on...and me not having the energy to keep up with them! Yesterday, Wesley had a few nightmares, and woke up on Wednesday morning at 5 am! He was pretty shaken up, so I went in his room, and laid with him to try to get him back to sleep. I kept telling him, you have school in the morning! He never fell back asleep, and I hesitated about sending to school yesterday. But, he doesn't have school all next week for Fall break, so I decided to send him. He really loves going to school. I sent in a note that if he was having a bad day to call me. Well to my surprise he was just fine! So after school, we had lunch with my Mom, and then came home for LONG naps! The weather here is just amazing, seriously- perfect! So I opened the windows, and enjoyed the breeze as I napped yesterday!
Last night we had our neighbors over for dinner. I made a big pot of crock pot chili, and I could gag just writing about it! We got a big laugh because our friends are from the Midwest, and they have this tradition of serving Cinnamon Buns with their chili. Which just struck me as weird and funny at the same time. In the south, we eat Cornbread with out Chili y'all. So, after I talked to her about it, I googled it, and sure enough....its a Midwest tradition. Strange, but true!
Today, I am just relaxing. I'll be changing from my PJ's to my lounge pants soon. I have some laundry to catch up on, and I just want to lay and play with Wes all day. Hopefully we'll make it outside this afternoon, since the weather is just beautiful. I am feeling good, just queasy here and there. I have gagged a few times, but I am not even half as sick as I was with Wesley, and I am so so happy about that! I have a few more weeks until my first OB appointment. I am trying to talk my friend who is the head of radiology at a hospital to sneak me in for an early sonogram at 15 weeks to see the sex....I am so impatient! I am ready to start shopping and getting the nursery ready! Though I think I can paint the nursery blue, because I have a feeling that this is a boy. I'm convinced. I am not sure why, but I really think I am having a boy.
Besides that, I am going to watch Steel Magnolias this afternoon, it a favorite movie of mine! My really good friend sent me and my other friends the movie a few weeks ago, because it reminded her of all of us. An unlikely bunch of women that are friends. I had to laugh, and say...."as long as I am not the grumpy old one!" ha ha.... Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment