Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend update....

Whew, its been a busy few days around here! Keeping up with church activities, the house, Wesley and my morning sickness is making my head spin! Saturday we had plans to go to "Boo at the Zoo," then we realized that we had tickets to "Disney on Ice" on Sunday in Atlanta, and didn't want to drive to Atlanta twice in less than 24 hours. So, we skipped the Zoo, and had a relaxing Saturday at home. We all needed it- especially me. Nathan helped SO much around the house, and I am so thankful. I have no idea how I got so lucky to have such a sweet compassionate husband, but God has truly blessed me with Nathan!

Saturday night, we attempted our usual date night. Since my sickies start at 3pm, I was leery about going to dinner. We went out to dinner, and I ate two bites, and was done. So, most of my dinner came home in a to-go box! After, we went shopping. Nathan needs some new blazers for work, so we were able to find a few that he liked, and we went to Motherhood maternity for me. I was looking for this thing called a "bella band" and I found it. Its a neat product that helps you through out your pregnancy. Though I am definitely not wearing maternity clothes, my size 8 jeans are getting more and more uncomfortable around my waist. Add in indigestion, and nausea from sickness, I can't stand to wear pants! The Bella Band is a seamless knit band you wear at your waistline, over your unbuttoned pre-pregnancy pants, over slightly big maternity pants, or around the waistband of any maternity style that falls down around your hips. The Bella Band holds your pants up, disguising bulky unfastened closures or excessive fabric creating a smooth belly surface. Now, no one has to know your pants are undone or loose. You can wear it concealed, or let it peek out from under your top for a layered look. If your top rises, it looks like a t-shirt or camisole -- not a funky mechanism to expand your waistband or hold up your pants. I'm excited too, because hopefully this will let me wear my regular clothes longer. I am basically starting over with my maternity clothes, and since this is my last baby, I don't want to invest too much into them.

Sunday we went to Disney on Ice. The main attraction for Wesley was "Cars." Oh how my son loves the movie "Cars!" Traffic was HORRIBLE, and we literally got there a second before the show started. Thank goodness, because Cars was the first act, and only lasted 15 minutes! The rest was The Little mermaid, Lion King, and Tinkerbell. Wesley liked the show, but his favorite was Cars. Also, Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Goofy were there, and Wes was SO excited to see them. Seeing his expression and excitement, got me REALLY excited for our Disney World trip! It was a neat show, and you have to hand it to Disney- their shows are really cool! Here are a few pictures. I'll upload more to Kodak
Besides that, things are going ok here. Just tired and nausea! Wesley is LOVING school this year, and loves learning about letters! He knows them all pretty well, and the sounds, and is always asking " What does this start with?" Or " Does ________ start with _________?"

No comments:

Post a Comment