Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First peek at Baby C!


Today was my first prenatal appointment! Everything looked great, and I got back to the doctor in 3 weeks! The baby's heart beat was 178 bpm (nice and strong!- Go Baby!), and I had a quick sonogram, and everything is measuring correctly! I am measuring at 9 weeks 3 days, and my unofficial due date is May 25th. The Dr said with a repeat c-section, I will most likely have the baby 2 weeks earlier, so I am hoping to have the baby on my Dad's birthday- May 12th. I was born on my Grandpa's birthday, so that would be really cool! This first sonogram is a 3-d sonogram (the top part is the head). Its not very clear from the scan, but on the ultrasound machine it was VERY clear! It was so awesome to see! Though the baby is still in "blob" mode, you could totally see arm buds, and leg buds! The second sonogram is the traditional type of sonogram, and the head is curved to the left, and feet are pointing down. Science is so amazing! The Dr even showed the blood flow, the heart beating away, and the baby moving. This week the baby is developing sex organs, so quite possibly I could be growing a penis this week....hahaha! We won't find out the sex for a few more weeks (usually around 20). I am still sticking to my guns, and saying this is a boy! We'll see! We are just so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment