It seems like we are starting that season of life where we have something going on 24/7! Birthday parties, church stuff, sports, Dr appointments, play dates galore etc!! These past two weeks.....I have just said ENOUGH with the play dates, and we have stayed home during the day. So much less stressful, but I am starting to go stir crazy!!
Let's see- Here's a recap of what's going on with the kids.....
Wesley has been a handful lately. Just a little naughty, and trying out his independence. I am sure he is acting out also because of Allison. I hate to admit that because I spend so much one on one time with him when she is asleep or content in her swing/seat. We play games, do play dough, workbooks, or play Cars. That is another reason this blog is lacking- I am really trying to make sure I spend a lot of quality time with Wesley during the day. He is growing up way to fast! I look back at pictures of him when he was smaller- and it's like a blur. I hardly remember it!! In a few months....He'll be 4!!! Besides growing up too fast, Wesley is still all boy. Loves Soccer.....the Bible....and wants to play the drums. Seriously. He can tell me about Bible stories that I have no idea about....it cracks me up!!! Usually you can find him drumming with his toothbrushes in the playroom to one of his CD's. I so need to go get him some drum sticks ;) We are working on phonics and reading with him. He has a few sight words down, and can sound out a lot of 3 letter words. Though he has been naughty....he really is a good boy. I love that through out the day, he'll say " Mom.....I love you." Melts my heart every time!!!
Allison has transformed!! Thank you GOD I have an easy baby (so far)! She really is pretty laid back, happy.....and well......fat. I mean that in a VERY good way- I would want her no other way!!! I LOVE those fat cheeks and those rolls!!She is sleeping beautifully through the night. Going to be around 8 pm, and sleeping until about 4 am. I cheat at 4 am, and put her in bed with me, nurse her and fall asleep. But hey- everyone is sleeping...so who cares. I have also started her on a TEENY bit of rice cereal. I mix a tablespoon with a whole 4 oz bottle of breast milk right before bed. She is still 100% breastfed except for that tiny bit of cereal. I am SO excited to start her on solids. I love that part!!! Allie is so alert, and giggly through out the day. I just love her so much! Poor thing, I kiss her face off daily :)
Nathan found out today that he has severe Eczema. He has been itching like crazy- we changed all of our soaps, changed the starch in his dry cleaning....still no results. Went to the Dr today- and he is actually TOO clean!! He has stripped all the oils from his skin, that it's formed into this. So....less showers (Nathan showers twice a day...yes, a little OCDish...but-who is complaining?), medication, and lots of this lotion.
I am just chugging a long! Trying to find my groove with the kids, the house and now.....juggling a part time job!! Busy busy....but I have never been more happier or content in my life. I feel like I am right where I should be!!
All the pictures are on Kodak. Blogger hates uploading pictures for some reason, so they are all on there!! :) Until next time!!! BYE :)

i know i have seen them at walmart...there are some drumsticks that have headphones attatched them them i think so the kid cam drum away on things and here it all in his ears. Wesley would hear the beat and mommy would hear the banging on the floor or whatever.
ReplyDeletei love reading your blog and all the updates!
Brooke is in that stage too with naps. Some days we just have a movie on and she has to stay and watch it and lay down and rest to it. That seems to help her get the rest she needs on her non nap days.