Monday, August 17, 2009

How did we get so busy?!

Ok...where in the world did all of these responsibilities come from?! We are constantly busy these days!! During the week, the days are filled with play dates and errands. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for our neighborhood playgroup, and the friendships we have formed this summer. I am so blessed to have these ladies and their sweet children in my life! But...we haven't been home all summer!!!In the evening, we have a church meeting on Tuesdays, and Life Group on Thursdays. Soccer season starts on this Tuesday, and we will have practice twice a week. I was looking over our calendar, and we don't have a free weekend until October! Birthday parties, Zoo, Bank BBQ for Nathans work, church activities! Whew. I know that things get busy when you have kids- but this fast? I thought we had a few more years!! On top of all of this, I just took on a part time job as the Children's Minister at my church. Though this is a postive thing, I am still trying to find my groove with all of this!!!
Wesley meets his teacher on Sept. 1st, and will start school after Labor Day. I am looking forward to it, so is Wesley. We are working on handwriting and coloring this summer...and he had the "W-e-s" part of his name down. Now onto "l-e-y!" We have also been reviewing his numbers and letters all summer, and he has retained them well. Like I said, he is starting soccer this week. Nathan is coaching his team, and our friend, Craig (Bella's Dad), is helping him. Wesley, Carley and Bella are all on the same team, which is so awesome!! GO RUSH!!!!
Allison is 3 months old today. What a sweet, sweet baby! Full of smiles, and laughs...and she LOVES her big brother!! She is settling into a schedule, and is sleeping pretty well through the night. We have a rough spots here and there with waking up at night, but for the most part she is good!
Life is hectic and busy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! These two kids are such a blessing and joy, that I often wonder how I ended up so lucky!! God is Good!

2 comments:

  1. Life seems to take you sometimes and then you wonder where it went. Both kiddos look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY got to see Allie in that cute dress! It looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete