Friday, June 5, 2009

First week on my own

Well I survived. There were moments that I almost broke down myself, but I did it. Staying home by myself with two little ones is not easy. Of course Wesley is now out of school, and wants to be occupied all the time. This week went pretty good. I think the key to my sanity is to stay busy. Keep Wesley busy (which also keeps me busy) and involved, and everything goes a lot smoother! My cousin is coming to stay with us in a few weeks, and I know she'll be a big help with the kids. Also, my Mom's group in the neighborhood is keeping me sane. They are all in the same boat, and have kids the same age. We've made plans to walk on MWF morning's, then have a playdate at alternating houses, and then try to "go out" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Usually to the free movies at the mall or at the playgrounds or pools. It's going to be a busy and full summer, lots of fun stuff planned! Here's two pictures of the kids :)

Wesley is growing up too fast. I am homeschooling him this summer with workbooks primarily focusing on writing. He knows his alphabet, sounds and numbers to 20, so I am also working on him retaining that. He misses school so much. He is starting to put sounds together, and can sound out some three letter words. The other day he spelled "DOG" with his magnetic letters, then said " Watch, switch the "d" and the "g" and it spells GOD!!" I was amazed!

Allie is more and more alert these days. Usually she is awake for about 4-5 hours on and off during the day She is a fairly easy baby so far....loves to eat, which of course keeps me occupied...and that is why the blog has been neglected. I am trying to get good at typing with one hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment