Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Financial Peace U By Dave Ramsey

Nathan and I are taking the FPU class through our church. I have to say.....we are bored out of our minds. Its not nice to say....but I loathe going to the class. I don't really like talking numbers about anything in the first place. But to have two hours of it on Sunday night, and hours of homework....its draining. We took this class because we are finally out of debt (minus mortgage and student Loans), So we need to learn how to stay that way, and save, save, save.
The class is helpful to learn how to budget better, and attack debt better. It is overwhelming though, and I am so thankful that we do not have credit card debt. I couldn't imagine being in this class, and having a bunch of CC debt, and trying to get rid of it! The Dave Ramsey method is good....but its HARD! You have to be ready to commit 100% for it to work. Another positive... I am learning to be more frugal. Trying to get more bang for my buck! Realizing Wesley doesn't need 5 pairs of shoes...no matter how cute they are because in a few months- he'll have outgrown them!
The homework at night is driving me nuts. I'd rather just say "Here Nathan, you do it, and give me my allowance." We'll see...I am committed to finish this class. We are on week 4 of 12...PRAY FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment