Friday, April 25, 2008

Deceptively Delicious



This cookbook as been a blessing for me! WOW. Wesley will not eat a vegetable to save his life. He'll even put it in his mouth, and spit it out and say "ew, yuck." Sigh. Not an ideal thing for the Momma that wants to go organic! Where did his vegetable protest come from? I have no idea! He literally, just stopped eating them one day! Now fruit, he'll eat that all day long. I guess he has a sweet tooth?!


I first saw this cookbook on Oprah. Its such and easy concept. Puree the vegetables (Magic Bullet is a must have), and "sneak" them into your child's food. This morning, Wesley had squash. Ok, let me rephrase that, Wesley had french toast. When I made the french toast "bath" instead of so many eggs, I replaced it with pureed squash. Milk, an egg, pureed squash, mix it together, place a piece of whole wheat bread to soak up the mixture, and place it on a hot skillet until each side is cooked. "Viola, Breakfast is ready!" (if you get that quote, you are way cool....LOL) its that simple! Once you start sneaking, you really get brave and add purees to stuff like muffins, and cakes! You don't even taste it! Cauliflower in Mac and Cheese, sweet potatoes in pancakes....its just awesome!


I still put whole veggies on Wesley's plate, and still doesn't eat them, but I don't sweat it as much now!

No comments:

Post a Comment