Monday, January 25, 2010

So...you want an update?

Ok....so my 5 faithful readers have asked (demanded) an update....here it goes- person by person!

Wesley.....funny. He says the darnedest things! Still all about science right now, solar system, dinosaurs, and bodies (as he said today..."I need to take a rest Mom, because my lungs isn't getting enough oxygen"). He is also all about video games these days! Almost obsessed... Mario, Wii resort, his leapster, I had to start limiting his time on them, or he'd play for hours! Tonight we were eating dinner, and he asked to go to the bathroom...I said "ok" and he had some green beans in his mouth. A few seconds later he called me and said he had diarrhea. I went into go help him, and looked in the potty closer....and it was green beans that he chewed and spit out. I asked him about it, and right away he admitted that he spit them in the toilet. So I told him "A your punishment, you may not have any cake for dessert." A few minutes later, he asked "Are you going to punch me now?" I asked him what in the world, and why would I punch him? He then said "You know, since I spit out my dinner in the potty." I then realized that he thought that "Punishment" meant "punching!" Poor guy! Soccer starts next month....exciting!!


Allie is now mobile, and what I like to call "a hot mess." Drool, teething (but still no teeth!), bumping into things, getting into things, and insisting on feeding herself. She LOVES standing in her crib, and usually after nap, you walk in there and she is standing there with the BIGGEST grin on her sweet little face!! She is a lot of fun (and work) right now, but I am loving it. I swear I laugh at her 100 times a day. She is so excited to watch her big brother do anything and everything. Her face just lights up when she sees him, and she kicks her legs! It's so much fun to watch the two people you love more than anything play and get along. I know that one day they'll be bickering and fighting, but I hope that they are life long friends and are close. Allie has basically weaned herself. We are done nursing, which makes me happy and sad. Happy because I can really get serious about losing weight, sad because that part of my life is over. I know that other nursing Mom's can relate. It's a strange feeling. We made it 8 months, and that's an accomplishment to be proud of!

I am slacking on my diet. Actually I am doing fine on the diet, but slacking on exercise. My cousin was down last week, and I didn't work out at all.....(ah!). So this week, I am doing my darndest to make sure I get atleast 30 minutes in on the "30 Day shred DVD" or my treadmill. My weigh in is coming up in a few days. I know I have lost weight. I can tell. So I am not too nervous about that! I am sooooooo busy these days with work! My Pastor's wife who is 27 weeks pregnant is in the hospital on bed rest until she has her sweet baby, and he is relying on me for certain projects. I am really enjoying this, and happy that I can help him in this way. I am also up to my ears in tagging my consignment sale stuff. I am getting rid of a TON!!!

Nathan is doing so great. I think he is finally finding his niche here in Georgia. He has made some great friends these past few months, and is hanging out them more often, which I am so happy that he has that "boy time." Just as much as I need my girl time, he needs time to hang with the guys and do his thing!! Work is good too...he's meeting his goals, and doing great with his bonuses!! woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment