So, I have set a goal. 30 pounds. I am going to try to lose it by my 30th birthday in August, but if I can lose it faster- even better! Here is my attack...
- get a complete physical...bloodwork, etc
- Treadmill 5 times a week for 30 minutes
-30 weight watcher points a day
-Only weighing myself on the 30th of each month (except Feb 28th)
I am going to to say this is NOT only for vanity reasons (which I will admit...it is a part of this!)...it is just as important for me to get healthy. My Dad died of heart disease/hypertension at 54, my Grandma and my Aunt had a stroke, and I had pre eclampsia with Hypertension while pregnant with Wes (which puts me at a high risk for hypertension at a later age).
Ok....and drum roll please....I am currently 163 pounds... I won't post my weight again until Jan 30th! I promise to be honest...hold me accountable!!
**** Added**** I got a few emails from friends asking why I decided to only weigh myself once a month. It's because in the past I have weighed myself each week, and it doesn't go down as much as I thought it would, and I get discouraged and give up. If I weigh myself at the end of the month and lose 4 pounds- I'll be thrilled! I am trying to do this the healthiest way possible! I am not looking for a fad diet or anything like that....a whole life style make over!!!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck! You can do it! I need to only weight once a week or two weeks. I use the wii fit and i think it hurts my self confidence when it wants you to weight every day and suddenly i gain 2 pounds.
ReplyDeleteI need a workout buddy! Maybe we should team up on FB and check it with one another on losing weight! My butt seems to just keep growing, lol
You will totally rock this Libby!! If you ever want a walking buddy on the weekend just let me know! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHeather- totally, I'd love to! Good company and exercise!! ;)
ReplyDeleteRebecca, totally...I'll be checking in on you!! :)