Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hey!


Hey there! I know it's been awhile, and if you are still hanging in there and reading this...good for you! Sorry I have been neglecting this blog, sometimes when you get so far behind you just give up on things! BUT...yesterday as I was working on Allison's scrapbook, I came on here and printed off a bunch of stories to put in the kid's scrapbook, and I was so thankful to have them! So here is a BUNCH of ramblings!!

December has been a blur. Seriously. I look back at our calendar and see all the stuff going on, and whew...it seems like months ago instead of weeks ago!

Things are SO good! I think I might be the happiest I have ever been in my life. Seriously. I am just feeling very content lately. Does that make sense? I am working, and loving being the Children's Minister. I really love the kids at my church, and I love it when I hear from families that they are attending because they heard things about the children's ministry. I am also working as my Pastor's secretary. It's added some more stuff to my weekly routine, but I REALLY enjoy it. I think that's my gift- administration/organization. I am also getting more "me" time back lately. I lost this for a few months while being so pregnant/nursing. Allie is completely on a schedule and is thriving on it- so it's giving me a lot more flexibility with babysitters! I am still nursing, and I am so glad we've stuck it out this long!! Monday nights are my Life Group night. We have a standing date with each other each Monday...two times a month is Bible Study, and two times a month is just fun girl time! Super blessed by these 6 girls! My other friend Amanda and I have grown close, we have a lot in common, and our husbands are BFF, and hang out all the time. So nice to have another couple who we can hang out with that live so close by. A lot of times on the weekend we put the kids to bed, and "switch houses" Craig will come over and hang out with Nathan, and I'll go over Amanda's and hang out.

Oh my gosh...my kids are so stinking fun lately. Wesley is hilarious and is REALLY into Science, Dinosaurs and Music right now. He can tell you all these facts about the Solar System, Dinosaurs, and sharks. He is also really into playing Wii!! he is DYING to go back to school on Wednesday! I am currently searching for a new preschool for him next year. There are a lot of factors, I am not really a fan of the lead teacher in the class he'd be going into, and I KNOW he needs something more full time. So, the search is on! We are also signing him up to play soccer for the Spring. Nathan is going to co-coach his team with a Dad that we met on the soccer team last year. We've had a few play dates and BBQ's with them, so the Dad's are hoping to coach together. I am also working on getting him into swimming this spring...whew..Busy boy!!

Allie is just precious. So sweet, and happy 99% of the time. She rarely cries, if she is does, she is either tired or hungry. She is now 7 months, and is CRAWLING...slowly!! She cracks me up, she gets that butt up in the air and goes about two feet, and is so proud of herself!! She is also clapping, waving, and says "Ma-Ma!" Wow...what a complete opposite of Wesley! Wes was happy- but NEVER this happy. Wesley is SO good with her- which I was not expecting at all. He gets a kick out of making her laugh- he can get her to belly laugh so hard by just looking at her. I just love being a Mommy so much!!
So that should bring you up to date....I'll write more this week about 30 by 30- my New Years resolution....trying to lose 30 pounds before my 30th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment