It's a week before Thanksgiving, and I am feeling extra blessed lately. I realize in this tough economy, there are so many people struggling, and though we do not have a lot of "extra" money, we do have what we need to get by. We have food for our children, clothes on our backs, and a roof over our head. I realize that there are people out there that do have all of these things and are hurting in a different way.I am thankful for all the little things in life, and I hope that I never take those things for granted. Even at my worse it's really not that bad.
I am thankful for family. I am thankful that my children are surrounded by people who love them and care for them. I am thankful that Nathan has such a huge heart for our family, and always puts us first. My Mom is my rock. With out her I am not sure what I would do.
I am thankful for an amazing church family. Wow. I am so blessed to have these relationships in my life. People who will tell you when you are wrong. People who will pray for you when you are hurting. People who will laugh with you when you are filled with Joy. People who will constantly remind you that you are not alone. This goes beyond my life group. This is my entire church community, who have just embraced us.
I am thankful for friendships. I am thankful to those who have stuck by my side and have rode this crazy ride with me! I have realized lately that not everyone is a life long friend. We all go through seasons. It's a hard thing to grasp. People that I knew 10 years ago, that I was so close with...and I have no idea where they are now. Those who have been through my side, through it all, I treasure you. I know that relationships are not easy, and I am thankful we have stuck it out. I am thankful for friendships where I can be vulnerable and not worry about being judged or talked about. Friends who see me through highs and lows.
On a side note....As the holiday season starts, I am praying that I am mindful to keep the holidays simple. It's not about the gifts, the parties, the events....it's about the moments and memories. It's about traditions. It's about Glorifying God and his Son this season. I pray that I don't get wrapped up in over indulging my kids, because everyone else is doing it. I want my children to have a heart of gratitude, not a heart of "what else is there?" Or that's not good enough. I want my children to see that they have so much already. Right now I am setting the stage. 10 years or eve 5 years from now, Wesley won't rember the gifts. He'll remember the moments.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Counting your blessings really puts life in perspective! We are so blessed. I need reminded over and over again to keep the holidays simple, it is so easy to get caught up in the "stuff" and forget about the moments and memories that we are creating. Thank you for reminding me of that.
ReplyDelete