Thank you God for my beautiful babies. I know I say it all the time, but I am in awe of them. I have cared for countless children in my time, being a nanny, and a teacher, but NOTHING has prepared me for the love I feel for my children. Nothing. Nobody could love them as much as I do.
One year ago today our lives changed. In June 2008, we decided to start trying for another baby. We were watching my cycle, and taking pregnancy tests as soon as we could. In September, I anxiously took a pregnancy test, and found that it was negative. I wasn't really upset about, I just thought "oh well, maybe next month." On Monday, we left for Pensacola, and we spent a week at the beach. That Friday, we were walking on the beach, I found a beautiful shell. It was perfect. Being from Florida, and a beach bum, I normally don't collect shells. This one though, caught my eye, and I wanted it. I showed it to Nathan, and he reminded me that at our church, our Pastor uses a shell to put the baptism water in, and then gives the shell to the child as a reminder. I said to Nathan "I'm keeping this shell, and the next baby we have, I want to use it for their baptism." Nathan then asked if I ever got my period. I had kind of forgot about it since we were on vacation, and realized that I was a week late! So when we were driving home, we stopped and got a test. We were staying at Nathan's parent's house, and I came out of the bathroom, shocked...and said " I'm pregnant!!" The whole house cheered!
And now here we are. With the sweetest, happiest 4 month old beautiful girl. Last year at this time, she was the size of a dot. I am just in awe of my children....the miracle of life.....and what a blessing they are to me. 


what a wonderful story!
ReplyDelete