Monday, July 13, 2009

Allie...8 weeks/2 months


Allie had her check up today!!! 13 pounds 1 ounce!!! 23 inches!!She is doing wonderful....growing like a weed! Sleeping pretty well these days, and overall is a pretty easy baby!! She is smiling and cooing a lot these days!!! Precious baby girl!
Allie had her first Immunization today....the DTaP. I am not a fan of vaccines. I know they are necessary. but there are a lot of unknowns, and that scares me! We have a niece who had an MMR shot when she was almost a year, and has not been the same since. She is 3.5 and acts like a 1.5 year old. I am not 100% sure if that is the cause- but it makes you wonder. We also have a close family friend whose Grandson was immunized at the age of 4, and is now having problems with speech. So....we have found a compromise. We are only going to at the most 2 shots a month, even if that means that she has to go back more than every 2 months. So today she was supposed to get 6 shots (a 3 in 1 combo, and 3 others)-DtaP, Rotavirus, Pc, and HIB. I decided not to do the Rotavirus at all. I know that this is a very "hot topic" but I feel very well informed, and my Dr is very supportive in. He doesn't agree with me 100%, and doesn't see the need to spread them out....but does support my decision on spreading them out and supports me in not doing the Roavirus vaccine.
I'll try to update about the weekend later.

No comments:

Post a Comment