Funny how time works. There are days that feel so long....but the years just fly by. I don't quite understand it. I have no idea how Wesley got this big so fast, or how almost a year has gone by with Allie in our family. As a family of 4, it feels so familiar and natural, but new at the same time. I look at photos and remember the moment surrounding them.
I had a break down a few days ago. I started sobbing. Just the thought of Wesley being away from me all day next year, crushed me. Our plan was to put Wesley in the full day Pre K program at the local Elementary school. He misses the Kindergarten deadline by2 months. I can't imagine dropping him off at 8am, and getting him back at 2:30. This is all happening so quickly...wasn't he just that sweet little boy who clung to my side, and cried when I left him behind? Now he is a happy, confident 4.5 year old who loves learning, and loves school. What to do....he's only little once, we have 13 years of full time school ahead of him....so why rush it even more?? I am so excited that we found a different preschool that is 5 mornings a week, and he can stay until 1 pm twice a week, and he can be in the 5 year old class! It gives up a bit more time at home, and I am REALLY excited by what I saw on school tour. Bright colorful classrooms, bathrooms in each room, certified educated teachers, manipulative's for learning, workbooks, and a beautiful playground.
After we made this decision, signed the check for the registration...I had a twinge of guilt. Poor Allie, when is it going to be her turn to have Mommy all day, go to Kindermusik classes (which Wesley started going to at 8 weeks!! ha!!) and play dates just for her. Does the Mommy guilt ever end?? Nathan brought up a good point- Wesley didn't have a sibling at home to watch and learn from. We'll see. But this is the decision we have made for Wes, only half day Pre-k. I am very much at peace with it!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Remember the little boy that stood by your side and cried when you left...and now you have this confidant young boy that is ready to take on the world. The only reason why he is ready is because you and Nathan have made him that way, he is also like that because he trusts that you will be back for him. Thats what I was told. You had help making this confidant boy! Be proud...what ever you decide that is your choice. Evan didn't go to nearly as many story times or had things done that was gear towards his age...and close to the eve of his 4th birthday (two weeks) he seems to have turned out just as great as his brother....the same will happen with Allie. Continue to be a great mom...
ReplyDeleteI am reading a book Motherhood:The Guilt that keeps giving by Julie Ann Barnhill - I haven't finished it but it talks about how God doesn't want us to live with guilt, the difference between false and real quilt...so far it is a funny insight..I will let you know how it goes!