Thursday, February 25, 2010

a month long update!

Ok, where did February go? Didn't we JUST ring in the new year? I swear, the days are just flying by! I know that February is the shortest month, but it felt really short this year!

I have been crazy trying to do everything! My part time job is taking up more and more time, and Allison is now VERY Mobile, and into everything, which makes it difficult for me to work when she is awake. Nathan and I have also made a "pact" to at least spend two hours together alone uninterrupted each evening. Usually it's doing chores together, but it's time spent together and that's what counts. Some nights we rent a movie and eat dinner with out the kids, some nights we fold a bunch of laundry at watch the 1000 DVRed shows we need to catch up on, or we work on beating Super Mario world! :) We are blessed that both kids go to bed at about 7pm, so we have some time to relax and talk each night.

Allison is 9 months, 20.5 pounds, 28 inches. 50% for each, height and weight. She is all over the place, and I think she'll be an early walker. She crawls super fast now, and is cruising. She even gets bold enough to let go of the coffee table to try to make it from the love seat by herself. Usually she falls, but she is trying! She still has two little nubby teeth at the bottom, and this week she is cutting her top two. Next week she'll be having surgery. It's minor, just tubes, but it's still surgery :( For the most part, all she does is sit around and laugh. Just grins and giggles. She is Wesley's biggest fan! It's hard to believe that I am starting to work on her first birthday party! Her hair is coming in, and it's a bit crazy at times, sticking up everywhere!

Wesley starts soccer tonight. We are super excited because Berkley, Aidan and Bella all made it on our team! Nathan is coaching again this season, and took a coaches class, so it should go smoother for him. Wesley is pumped, he loves soccer!! We are also counting down the days until our Spring break trip to Orlando. We are going to visit friends, go to the beach, and see Mickey! YAY! We are still undecided on school next year. I am leaving it up to God. I am applying him to a few schools, if and where he gets in, I'll make the decision from there! I think the 100% decision is that he needs to go full time. His teacher this year even pulled me aside and said he should go full time, and said she believes that he is gifted. My biggest prayer is that he gets into the Public School Pre-K program because I know quite a few of the teachers there. I have talked to the Pre-K teacher, and she said that since he knows a lot of his sight words, he'll be able to go into the Kindergarten class to do reading. He is reading about 50 sight words right now, and a "bulb" has gone off, and he is basically able to sound out most phonetic words. So many decisions...not sure what to do. Time will tell!

Valentine's day weekend, we were supposed to go to the beach. We had a condo rented there. Though I knew it was going to be cold, I wasn't expecting snow, so we decided to stay home. North Florida and South Georgia got an icy storm, so we decided to skip the trip, and the crazy roads! We got about 3 inches of snow that day. Just enough to play it, and make everything look pretty, but I am ready for Spring! I was excited to get some pictures for my scrapbook so that I can do some cute snow pages!

My Aunt and cousin moved in with my Mom. They are moving in permanently this summer. It is so awesome having family this close, and it is so nice being able to help my Aunt out with her daughter. Please pray for them that this move and transition goes smoothly. So far my cousin (who is 16) is doing very well at school, and I am so proud of her! Last night we went to a really fun Mary Kay Girls night out. It was a lot of fun, and I am glad my Mom and Aunt could join us. We had dinner, got our eyebrows threaded, and got to play with make up. I'm having a Mary Kay spa night at my house next weekend...more fun girl time!! :) Everyone is going wear their Pj's, get facials, eat pizza, have some wine, and play some games. I'm excited! A grown up sleepover! ha!

We went out last weekend with a few couples and had so much fun. It was so nice to have a "grown up" dinner.....and go out dancing. Many of you know that I LOVE to dance, so we had a blast beig silly and getting our groove on. I am pretty sure we were the oldest ones there, but we didn't care! I got a cute picture of all the girls, but didn't get one of all the hubby's! On Sunday, we had beautiful sunny warm weather!! It gave me a taste of spring and made me miss warm weather even more!!


I am up to my ears in consignment sales! It's great because I am making a ton of money selling baby gear and stuff the kids have out grown, but it's a lot of work, tagging, then re tagging etc! I have done two sales so far this past month, and I am doing another next week. I am especially excited about this sale because they only accept boutique, name brand (like Gymboree, Polo, Gap- no Old Navy or TCP) or handmade clothing. So, I have about 25 items to sell (which isn't much, but enough to get me in for the pre sale), and I am looking to score some nice stuff for the kids! They are REALLY particular about what brands they accept and I think that is GREAT!

Ok, I think that brings you up to date on what is going on here! I am still chugging along on my diet. Doing very well, and exercising. I am thinking I might even hit my goal earlier, either way I am happy that I am doing it this way! I really feel like I have made some good lifestyle changes and I am eating more sensibly now, and I have realized that I HAVE to exercise. I'll do my weigh in soon. I have some great motivation because if I do this, and get the wight off, Nathan has agreed to let me have my reward...that's all for another blog!! :)

OH! My Kodak site...I need to upload, and I think I will after I publish this. After my contract is up (I think June) I am only going to publish to Facebook. No sense to upload them to two places!

2 comments:

  1. That was a good update! I think you touched on everything. It looks like you got your hair cut a little shorter that usual? It looks good and healthy. I can't believe its warm enough to start soccer practice...I swear if it wasn't for Trevor's job we would be moving south. Did you know I LOVE Mary Kay so much that I sell it?! Hello 50% discount!! Hope we can get together again this year. Love you cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? I had no idea you sold it! Do you just have to buy a start up kit and then you can buy as you want or do you have to host so many parties?

    ReplyDelete