Monday, July 12, 2010

I am so blessed

Today was one of those days that I woke up grumpy. I like wake up slowly, and with some coffee and laying in bed to really give myself time to wake up. Our alarm goes off at 6:00 am, and Nathan gets up and gets ready. I usually stay in bed until almost 7. Both kids are up then, and Nathan is sweet enough to get them out of bed and get breakfast going while I shower. This morning Allie woke up at her usual 7:00 am, and Nathan came in to wake me up with sweet Allie. He waked in, and said "Oh no..." He looked down, and her diaper leaked pee all over his work clothes. She was soaked, and so were her sheets. I grumbled, got up, changed her, got her sheets in the wash, and Nathan then changed.
I was not looking forward to a day of cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping. Its a gloomy rainy day here, and I was wishing for a day in bed, with coffee and the DVR...not housework and playing with the kids. I prayed to God to take these thoughts away, and to give me my normal happy optimistic attitude. A few minutes later a segment came on TV about it being 6 months since the devastating earthquake in Haiti, and I felt guilty. Here are images of mothers looking through trash to find clothes and food for their children....and I am sitting here complaining about what I am going to make for dinner. I'm a jerk. What is my problem? I should be grateful I have food to feed my children. I should be happy I have clothes and clean water to do laundry. I should be grateful for a house to clean.
Amazing how this outlook and perspective can really change your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment