Friday, July 30, 2010

My next 30 years.....

I'll be thirty on Monday. 30. I am not much of a birthday person, or do I get caught up on ages, but this one is hitting me a bit hard. 30 years of my life has gone by. 30 years my heart has been pumping. 30 years my brain has been learning. 30 years my skin has been feeling. 10960 days.

I've been mentally breaking down my life in thirds. 0-10, I had a pretty good childhood. I liked school, loved dance, and cheerleading, and was very much a Daddy's girl.

10-20, was a crazy time. I was a teen who thought I knew everything. I wasted time on things that didn't really matter. I loved High school, and loved college even more. I made some mistakes during this time that will effect me for the rest of my life.

20-30 so far have been the best. I met Nathan, established a good relationship with God, had my beautiful kids, found my career passion, and grew very close to my family. The worst day was losing my Dad. I think the best thing is during these past few months I’ve learned how to embrace who I am and the beauty of living fully as me. And while I still fall short at times, I’ve finally learned that being fully me is so much better than an imitation version of someone else. Each day I hold up my willingness and ask God to make me the best version of me I can be.

I'm excited to see what my next 30 years bring. I'm happy that I am entering my 30's at such a good place.

I have a huge Summer blog that I am working on...I'll have it up soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment