I'm loving it! It is so hot outside! I'll take sweat over goosebumps and dreary any day! Summer break this year so far has been so much fun! Wesley is so much fun right now, and it feels like he is my little partner in crime!!
I set a pretty good (but flexible) summer schedule.
7:30- Both kids are usually up and at em'.
8:00- Nathan leaves for work, Breakfast, and the Today Show and coffee for Mommy.
9:00- Allie naps, I shower and get ready, Wesley works in his workbook, completes his chores, and as a reward gets to play Wii. After my shower I get some housework done, or church work.
11:00- Allie is awake, and we run errands, go to a play date, or play at the house.
12:00- Lunch
12:30-2:00- Depends on if we have errands or a play date, or just hanging at the house etc.
2:00- Allie naps again, Wesley and I swim for an hour
3:00- Wes rests with an hour of TV, I get a few chores done, or watch TV
4:00- Allie is up, and I am figuring out dinner
5:00- Daddy is home, and we usually eat dinner at 5:30
6:00- Baths
6:30- games and hanging with Daddy or we walk to Grammy's house
7:30- Bed for both kids, and usually I work for a few hours from 7:30-9:00...sometimes until 12 am depending on what I need to get done. Nathan and I have a routine of emptying the dinner dishes from the dishwasher, and folding a load of laundry right after we put the kids down. I try to wash the clothes every day, so that we don't get a big pile. It takes us 15 minutes, and we do it together and knock it out really fast.
This seems to be a good schedule for us. Wes has enough down time and play, but also has a predictable schedule. He thrives on a schedule- always has.....just like me! Plus, I am juggling a lot these days, and this helps me keep everything straight! A lot of my working friends have asked me how I fill my days...this is how. Trying to balance working at home, spending time with the kids, and keeping the house straight! I am not sure what it is, but I need to be organized by a schedule to maintain my sanity. I try to schedule my cleaning all week so that I am not cleaning all day long too.
Did I mention how much I love the smell of Sunscreen (especially Coppertone) with Chlorine? Wonder if Yankee Candle makes that scent?!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment