Instead of sending out a traditional Christmas letter. I decided to blog our letter, send out the blog address, so that who ever does want to know what is going on with us, they can come here and find out!! I never know what to do when it comes to those letters. It's all about my kids and what they are doing...and I don't want to bore you with my bragging!!! But, I have quite of few friends who look forward to my letter each year and complain when I skip it. And I admit, there are some on my holiday mailing list that only hear from us once a year- like Nathan's old baby sitter, or that one friend from college. I do want to know how they are doing, and what is going on with their family, and vice versa. So... that's why I decided...if you are here, you want to know....and here is the letter! Plus, this is saving me a lot of time, and work! folding almost 250 letters is a lot of work!! I'll update you by family member!
Nathan- Nathan is doing great! He turned the Big 3-0 this year!! He is feeling extra blessed that his job is secure, and that he has work in this crazy economy. He is the doing really well at his sales, and has the 3rd best sales in Georgia for Region's Bank. In February, Nathan was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. He had surgery to fix his deviated Septum, and have his adenoids removed. He is breathing better, and his sleeping is much better. Nathan has become really involved in our church. He is now the head of the finance committee, and is in a weekly men's Life Team. He has formed some really good friendships this year! Nathan also coached Wesley's soccer team, and despite having no idea what he was doing- he did pretty good! Besides that, you can find him playing Wii or Playstation 3.
Me- I am keeping my head above water! Trying to balance a lot right now! As you may know, my pregnancy was pretty eventful. I spent up until May pretty miserable. This pregnancy caused me to have a ton of migraines and nausea. I am thankful that Allie's delivery was rather easy, and that Allie is a pretty easy baby! Since the pregnancy was so crazy, and this was my second c-section, my Dr suggested that this should be my last pregnancy. I had a lot of issues with blood pressure, which puts me at risk later in life for problems with that. I am at peace with Allie being our last baby, and my last pregnancy. I am thankful for two healthy babies!! Balancing the house, the kids, friendships, etc has been a lot this year! I have to admit, a lot of it is a blur! In August I took a part time position at my church as the Children's minister. I am really loving it, and I am finally starting to settle into a good routine with working. Last October, I joined a "Life Team" (it's beyond a Bible study group)- it's 7 girls who are all around the same age as me. All of them are mothers. We meet each week, and we support each other. We have grown very close this year. They have been such a blessing to me! Life is hectic at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This time is precious. I am totally content and feel like I am right where I should be!
Wesley- Wesley turned 4 this year. If I do say so myself, he is quite a character! I have no idea where he comes up with some of the stuff he says! He is still a fan of "Cars" but has moved on from Thomas...:( He says it's for "babies." He has grown up a lot, especially in the past 6 months. Wes played T-ball in the Spring, and soccer this Fall. By far, he loved soccer the best! He wants to play again in the Spring. He didn't get that close to the ball or even scored, but he had fun, and got great exercise! Wesley took swim lessons this summer, and learned to swim on his own! He is a natural in the pool, and we are hoping to get him on a swim team this summer. Wesley is still attending preschool 3 mornings a week. He is doing very well there, and I really like his teachers this year. He LOVES school! His big wish list item from Santa is a guitar. He recently got a fish whom he named "McQueen." It's a very loved Red Beta fish! Wes has adjusted well to being a big brother. We had a few rough weeks when we were first getting settled, but all in all, he's a very good boy with a BIG heart! Allison is Wesley's #1 fan, and it is so fun seeing their relationship form!
Last but not least....Allison! Ah, Allie! What a blessing she is! I'm worried though. If she is this sweet and good now...am I "in for it" later?! Allie is 6 months, and is thriving. Almost 20 pounds- she is a chunk- and I LOVE IT! She really is just a happy, and easy baby. She is very close to crawling, sleeping about 11 hours straight at night, and loves to laugh at her big brother! No teeth yet, I am loving her "gummy" grins!! :)
So that's it....that's what we've been up to this year! Now you know where to find us, and I try to update this at least 2-3 times a month!
But what about Leroy?
oh yea- that little guy went to live with another family. My In law's had a retired friend who wanted a dog badly, so we gave them Leroy. Leroy was starting to go batty with the kids, and he was better off somewhere else. He is VERY happy and well taken care of by his new owners!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! don't be a stranger- stop by again before next year :) Oh- and by the way, I hope to have a new blog design soon, with Allie in it!!
Love,
The Christiansens
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Libby,
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are adorable. You have every reason to brag and be proud of those kids and your husband. It is so nice to see a normal family who put their family life first.
We love you and miss you in Florida but I am glad you are doing so well in Georgia. Let me know if you come to Florida any time soon. I would love to see you. I am not sure if you heard but I had colon cancer earlier this year. Most of it was removed but I still had to have chemo. I'll write you soon.
Love to you
Dolores Gaither
What a fun update! Can't believe it's already the end of the year. We are totally doing a blog letter too. And probably an e-card. :( Such a slacker.
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!
Abby