Monday, May 16, 2011

It's been awhile....

I am in the process of catching up my Kodak site. I have my pictures through March published, and I am going to try to get the rest up today. I personally like to upload to there so that I know my pictures are in a safe place if something was to happen to my hard drive!
Kids...wow they keep you busy! I always thought that the older they get, the less busy I'd be with them (because they won't be as needy) but it looks like I am wrong! Preschool pick up and drop off, dentist and Dr appointments, Soccer, gymnastics....I feel like a taxi!!

On top of the kids, my part time church job is really starting to pick up! It's exciting because our church is growing, and thriving....and I am working a lot more on programs. Our VBS is coming up in a few weeks, and I am knee deep in planning and getting ready for that! What a blessing it is to serve God this way....and I am so humbled! In March, Nathan and I both went on a life changing retreat. The weekends were separate, Nathan attended one weekend, and I attended the next. It was called " the Walk to Emmaus." I wish I could go into detail about it, but that is discouraged....not trying to be secretive, but if you ever had a chance to go or are going to go, I don't want to reveal anything that will make your walk less special. It was life changing, and I am so grateful to have been apart of it!

Nathan's new job with the state of Georgia is going very well. He is very happy there, and loves what he does. His commute was shortened because they moved offices from Downtown to North of Atlanta. They also offer "flex hours" so Nathan is able to go in early, and leave early! Most days he is home around 4:30! Which I love- I am able to cook dinner in peace! :) What a blessing it was for him to lose his job at Regions! I say it all the time, but we are so very thankful!

Wesley is graduating Pre-k this week! Complete with cap and gown. I know I will bawl my eyes out! I am so VERY thankful for this year with him, and all the time I have spent with him staying at home. This year has been especially sweet! Allison naps in the afternoon when he is home from school, so most afternoons I spend completely with just him. Playing Wii, or working on reading....or baking something- it's been a fun year. I am excited for him to go to school next year- because he is dying to go! We have decided to send him to Public school. I have faith that he will be fine, and I love the school he is going to attend. He is completely obsessed with Star wars, and Legos. He is always saving his money for Lego kits. He also learned how to ride his bike with out training wheels. So usually on most afternoons you can find him circling around and around our culda-sac!


Allison is turning two tomorrow! We are having a small party at Gymboree this weekend. Elmo theme, of course. How time is flying by. She is a sweet (sometimes sassy) girl! VERY funny and keeps us laughing! She is very independent, and loves to figure things out on her own. She started Gymnastics a few months ago, and LOVES it!  I have decided to sign her up for Gymnastics and Dance in the fall. I have also decided to not send her to preschool. I felt like I did a little soon with Wesley. I do need some time to work during the day, but since Wesley will be in school FT next year, I think I can work a lot while Allie naps in the afternoon. Wesley got a lot of one on one "Mommy time" and want to give Allie the same. I am so not ready to be done with this phase of my life!! It makes me sad to think that one day they both will be in school all day!!
Life isn't perfect, but it is sweet and wonderful. I choose to focus on what we have rather than worry about what we don't. God is so good!
Until next time!!! (which I am not promising anything....it will probably be pictures of Wesley's first day of Kindergarten....we have a busy Summer and you all know how great I am at keeping this caught up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment