Monday, April 26, 2010

Changes

I realize that I haven't blogged in awhile. I am just putting the computer, and anything computer related low on my priority list lately. I am working within myself to make some changes personally, and physically. Ever feel like you have lost focus? I feel like I have.
I am still working on my physical health, trying to lose weight and eat better. I have lost 15 pounds since January, and I have found that adipex is NOT the answer for me! Whew! It made me so moody and negative, I just can't take it! Not sure why it has the opposite effect on others that I know...but I just can't do it! Good old fashioned diet and exercise, and realizing that the weight is not going to just disappear unless I REALLY try.
Personally, I am just trying to find my niche, learn from mistakes, and make my family (after God) my highest priority. This is one of the reasons why we moved from Orlando, and I feel like I have lost focus on that. I am thankful that every once and awhile, God "slaps" me in the face (not really...but at least hits me on the head) and reminds me that I need to focus my time on them. Last weekend I went to a woman's retreat with church. It was a beautiful weekend, and a lot of healing and self reflection was done. This week I am headed to a Children's Ministry conference. I'm excited to attend this, and I can't wait to see what God has in store!!

My kids are changing so much. I just can't believe my eyes! Allison is walking! WALKING! Wait, wasn't she just born? Exactly! This year just flew by, and it breaks my heart that her "babyhood" is almost over. what a sweet precious girl. I am so thankful for her! I laugh at her all day, and she grins at me all day! I am planning her first birthday party, and I know it will be a big tear fest for me since I know that this is the last first birthday party I will plan. I look forward to seeing more of her spunky personality unfold this upcoming year.




Wesley is just full of fun these days. We are working on Hooked on Phonics, and he has picked up reading so fast. There are days that I feel like I am spelling words to him all day. He got a GREAT report card from his preschool, and will be in the 5 year old class (Kindergarten) at his school next year. I realize that the public schools the following year won't allow him to be in 1st grade, but I am excited that he will have this extra year. Wesley has a full summer lined up, swim lessons, visiting his Abi & Poppi for a week (by himself) and VBS. I'm excited to watch him grow. He is such a joy and fills my heart each and every day with laughter and pride.

Nathan turned 31 last Monday. He is his typical self, and didn't want a fuss over his birthday. He was happy with a new video game, and to hang out with Craig (Amanda's husband). Work and coaching soccer are keeping him busy. We are getting a riding lawn mower next week so that he can mow the lawns a lot faster! I am so BLESSED to call Nathan my husband.

Ok...that's my update....I'll try to update more later!! :) Allie is up from her nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment